Stamford High School
Stamford High School provides education for girls aged 11 to 18. Founded in 1877, it stands at its original site beside the River Welland. Funds for the foundation of the High School were appropriated from the endowment of Browne’s Hospital by Act of Parliament in 1871.
The school was carrying out a renovation of their Hall and needed new sound, lighting and projection.
Clarity installed a pair of high-quality Martin Audio loudspeakers towards the front of the hall and a second pair towards the back to ensure everyone can hear clearly wherever they are in the hall. The sound can be controlled wirelessly via a tablet or by using a wall-mounted control panel (both pictured above).
Four new front-of-house lighting bars, powder coated in white to blend with the décor, were installed to the sides of the hall. The existing lighting bars above the stage were able to be reused but the sockets were modified with those suitable for LED lighting. From these bars a variety of LED colour changing lanterns were installed. The advantages of LED over older halogen systems includes lower power consumption, higher reliability and most LED lanterns can be changed remotely to project any colour. The lighting can be controlled via a tablet or by using a wall-mounted panel that allows anyone to operate the lights using a simple push button control that can select any of numerous pre-programmed lighting scenes.
A bright projector mounted at high level was supplied with a 5m wide, remote controlled, electric projection screen. The projector can be used not just for projecting onto the screen but also for a video backdrop for productions. A remote electronic lens-shift and zoom means it can be remotely re-focused (with the screen stored away) onto the rear wall of the stage.
A further part of the Hall’s transformation was for Clarity to provide portable staging to use with their existing staging as and when required.